Sunday, May 16, 2010

Key Lime Pie

Yesterday in our Bountiful Baskets we recieved a lot of key limes. I had no idea what to do with them. So my husband suggested that I make a key lime pie. I have never made one. So, this is new to me too. I will try it out and report back.

Ingredients

1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
3 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice (about 12-15 limes)
1 tablespoon grated lime zest

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.

3.Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment